Friday, July 9, 2010

Friends

No, it won't be about that famous soap opera (whatever you call these never-ending TV series). It is about today which has become suddenly, unexpectedly a day enriched with expected and unexpected friends and guests visiting me.
I feel blessed and honored by each one of them. Coming since morning personally, during the day, calling, texting, sending emails. And still waiting for two guests who just announced their intention of coming to see me with their 'shida'.

Days like this make our lives so special and worthy. I like to run an open house for friends and guests. Also my own 'house' which is me, my life, my person - to keep it open for anyone who wants to relate with me, communicate, share and connect... A day without connecting with my friends, I reckon, is a lost day somehow. Though I connect with all of them in daily prayers and at the altar, still the 'normal' communication is very important to me. I cannot seize to be amazed at my reactions whenever I see someone sending me text or email or connecting with me on Facebook or calling me on my phone or simply picking up mail at the post office. Yes, the art of writing letter in one's own hand is somehow dying art, but I am sure it will never vanish in the art of communication between people.

I always regard letter picked up at the post office or delivered by a postman to the door as the highest form of written communication. Next to personal visits. Since the arrival of emails, mobile phones and internet I must admit this art of communication has been very rare to me. But I remember still the early days in Tanzania when I was writing letter to my parents, went to post office in Musoma and send it then waited for around six weeks for a return letter from home. It still brings goosebumps to get a letter from someone I rate as my close friend. I simply love the sensation...

So today I feel honored and blessed in so many ways by my friends and guests visiting. I wish to thank them all who came personally, sent me emails, texted me, called me or posted messages on Facebook. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your lives and sharing with me your own lives, joys and concerns. So good to have you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wojciech- here's another greeting for to-day.It has taken me a few days to catch up with all you have written on your blogs since I went away.Anyhow Tom and I remembered you on several occasions during our pilgrimage to San Giovanni Rotunda and Assisi.When we came to the Basicila of St. Mary of the Angles which houses the Porziuncola - the chapel of Sr. Frances'first community you took centre place in our memories and prayers. We brought you back in spirit as we recalled your private visit many years ago when you said Mass there on route to your mission in Tanzania. We found these places of pilgrimage to be havens of peace and prayerfulness - so much to absord and reflect on as we return to everyday affairs.So I hope that you will be blessed graciously by our pilgrimage too.We had you enrolled in the Masses being celebrated there -for your intentions and well being. I have enjoed the blogs and want to say congratulations on your pre-school - what a wonderful gift for those young children - thier smiling faces said it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lena and Tom. I know the mere words cannot express what I feel reading your comment. It is such a heavenly gift to have true friends like you who take care of someone's needs, especially spiritual ones. It feels so good to be placed securely at Assisi powerhouse...You did this pilgrimage on my behalf too, as I celebrate 20 years of missionary vocation and of that one and only pilgrimage to Assisi I had at the dying moments of my life in Europe before going to Tanzania. I hope you had a great time and came back fully recharged and blessed in many many ways. God bless you much! Good to have you, guys, back! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you need to get your own Friends 10 seasons dvds when your in Poland ;)

    And second: good you are so easy to reach with all communication tools!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing compares to personal encounters though. Can't wait to see you in Poland :) And, err, no friends soap operas, please. I have enough watching "Don't Mess With An Angel' thousand episodes every evening with my sisters arrrgh...

    ReplyDelete