Saturday, July 31, 2010

Imogen

Saturday afternoon. Last day of July. It's been a hectic month for me. And I paid the price for it. Today is one of the lowest days in mood terms. I went to see a classmate, had a great chat, then visited Divine Mercy Shrine in Łagiewniki, went for a quick lunch with a parishioner from my home parish. She is one of those Kraków's living legends, multi-talented person, artist, painter, great person to connect, chat and exchange what's on our minds. I gave her my book she was waiting for. Then, suddenly, I felt I'm accelerating towards an abyss...
So, I excused myself quickly, walked back home, it's just a couple of hundred meters from her apartment, and decided to stretch a bit, though it is unthinkable for me to have a siesta during the day. I never sleep mid-day! Usually, I'd do something else to get my mind off normal stuff, work, whatever... From time to time though, when I feel exhausted or sick, I need to give in and go to bed to recompose myself and get some strength.

It is one of those days today. I just woke up and feel horrible. Worse than before . I hate this when I am down psychologically. The weather anyways is crappy, low pressure, so it adds to the equation. I just feel I'm flat on my face...lifeless, no strength, no will to fight...

In moments like this, I know I have to be patient and let it go slowly...It will pass eventually, but will take its toll on my enthusiasm for life and things I cherish and deem important...Well, I know I will collect my toys scattered around the floor and put them hem back to my pram and will push ahead...But it will take time. It won't happen now, not this evening...I'm just too damned tired, exhausted and spent...

Oh, well, not the first time, and not the last... I guess I'll get myself tidy and go for a stroll to reconnect with my City in twilight hours...whispering words of prayer, flying high and low down the memory lane, dissolving myself in Divine Mercy Ocean.

In times like this, Imogen Heap, one of the greatest, multi-talented artists of this era, comes to my rescue with her powerful, highly charged songs.. she is just amazing...






No comments:

Post a Comment