Friday, July 30, 2010

Melting Pot

This is my magic, unique spot on the map of my city, The One And Only Royal Capital City of Poland, Kraków. And in the Great Market Square of this City, there is this Melting Pot, a special place, where I always find refuge as I wander through the streets of my City...a welcoming place where on hot sunny days one can rest and chill out...as on rainy, snowy, cold days, there is always a welcoming cup of hot coffee or tea...


This is a Melting Pot where I always find - not only a host who is warm hearted and welcoming in her wonderful approach to all her visitors - but also interesting personae who, just like me, drop in to say hello to this music store run by our host, Maryla, to sit down for a while to share, relate and connect with each other...True melting pot of humanity, people's characters, coming from diverse walks of life, blending themselves in this melting pot, where everyone feels at home. Thank you, Maryla, for your larger than life approach and patience of handling all this human influx to your tiny office space in the back of the famous music store, right in the middle of my City!

Today there was no exception. After finishing some things on my to-do list, including a short visit to His Eminence, Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz, to say hello and present him with my new book to which he wrote a foreword in March this year,  I went to Maryla for a cup of coffee. There I met with a friend of mine who dropped in at the same time, and he used the opportunity to invite me to his place for Lent retreat in 2012. I met also two renowned Kraków's artists - musicians, who passed by, just like us, for a chat and a quick cup of coffee or whatever there was on the offer. I enjoyed thoroughly the whole experience and excitement of meeting new people...people with great story to tell about their lives, passion, dreams, victories and failures...people I could immediately interact and feel at ease... We made friends and I came back home enriched with this new friendship and the treasure of the stories of their lives... I guess there is much at stake ahead of us as we found a lot of common points and things we share...

I proudly present to you my new friends, Ryszard Feliks Styła and Tadeusz Krok:





You never know what is going to happen and who you will meet when you hit the town, here in Kraków. This is a magical place. My City.

2 comments:

  1. Tom and I know about the magic of Krakow - the memory lingers long. I was delighted to see the final copy of your book and it was obvious that you were thrilled as you pictured it from every angle . Seems a wonderful book - hopefully I will be able to get in on Amazon and spend the rest of my life translating it with the help of some Polish/Irish friends . Enjoy savouring your home city .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, hopefully I will be able to find someone who is willing to translate it into English. No need for you to spend decades on deciphering it :) Home sweet home! Kraków is the best!

    ReplyDelete