Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Satisfaction

People have different motivational schemes in their lives. Different reasons which rock their boats. The question what really drives one to excel, what it is that one yearns for as a compensation of one's efforts and struggle, will generate different answers. Sometimes we may get only a bunch of blank stares, incredulous looks of people who run on a money monorail only...
To me, if I were asked this question, I would not hesitate in finding a correct answer. My response would be always - SATISFACTION. This is a state of mind, a feeling, a sensation encompassing my body, soul and mind, that has been my salary, my reward and my drug since early days of my life...This is what drives me to excel, this is my paycheck, this is what makes me overcome myself, obstacles and go against the wind. Just a pure satisfaction...No money in this world can buy you a satisfaction flowing out of feelings of accomplishment, when you put your effort and achieved something, especially a diificult task or goal in your life and work.


Today is one of those days in which my heart overflows with a genuine satisfaction. In a couple of hours the English language version of DVD documentary on Kiabakari will be ready. Since May 2009 I've been working on this project, helped by my friend and associate in media department, a young and talented professional, Aldimilablis Novatus Mchele. Our friendship has lasted a trial of time and various tribulations. And I am proud, happy and genuinely satisfied that this friendly relationship brings fruit for so many years, thirteen and counting, if I am not mistaken.

We did the first DVD documentary on Kiabakari in kiswahili language. After its success on national TV network TBC1 in Tanzania (aired more than ten times on Sundays in good viewing hours) and after positive reviews we received from all corners of Tanzania, I decided to get Polish language version ready for Polish market. We did this last year and the DVD with Polish subtitles will be available first as a bona fide gift free of charge enclosed with every copy of my book which will hit bookshops in a couple of weeks time. Then, I will make the copy of this DVD available to TV channels in Poland free of charge, as what matters to me is the publicity of Divine Mercy message and stirring interest in Kiabakari and in Tanzania in general, generated by the book and the DVD. The benefit of this scheme will be as follows (in my humble opinion): connecting with potential sponsors of our projects spelled out in the DVD, opening  market in Kiabakari for NGOs, organizations and institution which would be interested in cooperation for mutual benefit in Kiabakari and the area, a mission awareness including perspective of lay volunteers coming to Kiabakari for short and long term projects, a publicity for our Foundation 'Kiabakari' and so on...

As I am getting ready to fly to Canada and USA in autumn this year, the English language version of the DVD will come handy. Pictures speak volumes. Meetings with people, communities, relatives and friends will be greatly enhanced by this multimedia basic work (DVD, audio, pictures, documents etc.) So today the work on the English version of DVD will be completed and this is a reason for a great satisfaction I feel since early hours of this day...

Once we are done with the job, later in the evening we will finish another 'side' project - a DVD on Tengeru - a place near Arusha, Tanzania, where the major cemetery of Polish refugees from World War II and the post-war times is located with more than 130 graves well kept by the Polish government and Polish Franciscan friars working in Arusha area. This DVD includes a meeting with a sole remaining Polish refugee living till now in Arusha, Mr. Edward Wójtowicz, who arrive at Tengeru shortly after the end of the war. The project is done on request of Polish community in Canada, where many of the refugees from Tengeru found a new home.

When I myself get home in a couple of weeks time, I will upload to YouTube both DVDs, as we prepare web versions of projects as well. Here in Mara Region in Tanzania, internet broadband speed disallows me to do so. So, please, bear with me, as we put final touches to these video messages.

A bottle of decent champagne would come handy this evening!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Wojciech - this is an extraordinary feat - DVD in 3 languages .I look forward to viewing the English version in the future. You are spreading the word and creating great missionary awareness in many parts of the globe. Wish we could celebrate with you and raise a glass in your honour and to another of your numerous achievements. Hope Kiabakari will benefit as people dig into their pockets and send some dollars your way. It sure is the age of the multimedia and your are well skilled in using it. Get drunk to-night with delight and more if you can get it !!We all rejoice with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. No alcohol for me, Lena. Big no no considering my health warnings, so I will skip on this and enjoy a glass of water...It is 1.30am and we are at the final stages of recording complete product on HDD of dvd recorder, ready for burning dvds. Tired but happy :)

    ReplyDelete