Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Two Weeks

Counting days till my short trip home. Just two weeks left. I have to admit that this time I am truly looking forward to those three weeks spent home with Dad and my close friends. And - of course - two major reasons to undertake this 'flash vacation' are a wedding of my friends and my medical checkup in hospital, as I still do not feel confident that I am on a right track to recovery...
It is so good to have true friends ready to come to my help when I need it most like this time, when I wouldn't be able to fly to Poland if not parents of a bride who generously paid for my air ticket, knowing that it was not only to make their daughter happy, as she asked me to be present on the day of her wedding (and I had no means to buy an air ticket again this year as I have already used allocated money by the diocese for my holidays when I asked the bishop of Musoma to help me by releasing the air ticket money when I got sick in February and needed to fly to Poland to seek help), but also to enable me to return to hospital to see if there is any improvement in my health problems.

Gratitude is one virtue that I always ask the Lord to have in abundance. It feels so good to be able to acknowledge someone's magnanimosity, kindness, good deeds, helping hand, presence when needed most... And I do hope this time I will be able to repay the generosity of the family of the bride by showing duly on the wedding Mass, give a homily (which I have already prepared) and share in their joy and happiness. And to tell them how grateful I am and how much I appreciate their gesture...

I have set my thoughts and dreams free this morning like agile greyhounds to run through time and space to the day I will be landing in Warsaw at this precisely hour of the day I'm writing these words, in two weeks time (God willing), and beyond... embracing all my beloved ones whom I hope to meet and enjoy their company... I am so happy to have this opportunity to connect with them again... And I wish to tell each and everyone of them from the bottom of my heart:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment